domingo, 26 de fevereiro de 2006

CUMPLICIDADES























jean michel basquiat



MONDAY, OCTOBER 4, 1982

Down to meet Bruno Bischofberger (cab $7.50). He brought Jean Michel Basquiat with wim.
He´s the kid used the name "Samo" when he used to sit on the sidewalk in Greenwich Village and paint T-shirts, and i´d give him $10 here and there and send him up to Serendipity to try to sell the T-shirts there. He was just one of those kids who drove me crazy. He´s black but some people say he´s Puerto Rican so I don´t know. And then Bruno discovered him and now he´s on Easy Street. He´s got a great loft on Christie Street. He was a middle-class Brooklyn kid - I mean, he went to college and things - and he was trying to be like that, painting in the Greenwich Village.
And so had lunch for them and then I took a Polaroid and he went home and within two hours painting was back, still wet, of him and me together. And I mean, just getting to Christie Street must have taken a hour. He told me his assistant painted it.
And by the way, Ronnie Cutrone´s art his selling like crazy, too - Steve Rubell´s brother just bought a Cutrone.

The Andy Warhol diaries

Sem comentários: